Monday, June 28, 2010

It's on!

I promise I havn't been neglecting this place on purpose, it's just happened out of sheer busy-ness on my part. The frantic panic that has been the last week and a bit to get our group exhibition happening and off the ground has been crazy! But, now that opening night has happened and was such an awesome success I feel I can take a minute {or 40} and take photos, edit them and fill you all in on the happenings of the last couple of weeks that have literally flown by!

So here I am , sitting and guarding our own little show. It's not enough that I'm an art cop by day, on my days off {but only for a couple of days this week admittedly} I am too! It's good though, just me, my computer and a cup of left over orange juice {we started with 12 litres on opening night, 3 days later we still have 6 litres left...I'll say nothing more on the subject!}.

Opening night was a fantastic success though with WAY more people than we could have even imagined showing up and let me just take a moment to say a huge thank you to the rest of our work mates. A lovely show of support from all!! Nearly all of us had sales on the first night and it has only just got more successful.

We're open till Wednesday July 2nd, 10am - 5pm every day so if you're in the Brisbane area why not stop by and say hello... Here are some images of my work in case you can't drop in though.


'Pop up Orange', 'Minty Fresh', 'Grape Soda'
{mixed media on canvas paper}

'Keepers of your red heart'
{acrylic & ink on canvas}

'Inside {hearts}', 'Truth of heart'
{archival ink on paper}

'Keep me {shatter proof}'
{crotchet doilies in porcelain slip}

'Keep me {shatter proof} .01, .02 , .03
{crotchet doilies in porcelain slip}




my little corner of the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment